Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ab's Cooking Journey...Part 9...~Coconut Tart~

This time I want to make Coconut Tart...The method is divided into two portions...First is sweet pastry and second is fillings...

To make the fillings, it is required coconut milk and desiccated coconut..So I went to a supermarket to look for them..Frankly, this is my first time to buy coconut milk and desiccated coconut..I totally have no idea how many should I buy..The girl told me that I can make coconut milk by myself..So I ordered two coconuts in different bags..RM1.20 per coconut..I think it is cheap and reasonable..Hehe!!

After that, I went to cake shop to look for tart mould..I bought 10 pieces..RM7.50..My mum said that I am abit "sTu**d"..Be water fish..RM7.50 is very expensive..Haiz, those mould can be used for many times..Mummy, just forget about the price la..Hehe!!

After reached home, I started to prepare the sweet pastry..The step to press the sweet pastry onto the tart mould is quite difficult for me..When I pressed at the side, the sweet pastry at the bottom will become lesser and lesser..I need to add abit onto the bottom..As a result, it was not balance..The outlook not nice too..

Then I started to prepare the fillings..It is required 60g of desiccated coconut..After I measured, I only realised that I have bought too much..60g is only 0.5% of what I have bought..I am worried because my mum must scold me after she know about this..Anyway, what to do?? I cannot just throw it away..It is waste if I do so..So I just kept it into fridge and explained to mum later..

After prepared the fillings, I poured it over the sweet pastry and baked it..Finally, my homemade coconut tart is done..The outlook is quite nice and the taste is okie..Hehe!! Quite satisfied..

But, I felt that it is quite complicated to make coconut tart..especially the sweet pastry..Some more, get scolded by mum 2 times..Haiz!! Quite down..Besides, there is ONLY one person who dared to try my homemade coconut tart..More down..

Anyway, Jimmy, thanks for trying my coconut tart!!

Ingredient to make sweet pastry


Sweet pastry onto mould


Ingredients to make fillings


Fillings over sweet pastry



Homemade Coconut Tart

3 comments:

  1. No need thanks. They dunno how to appreciate only. Hehe. Give it all to me...and I'll finish it. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes they do not try my homemade dessert, I am quite disappointed..If next time they do not want to try, I give to you la!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great...give it all to me. I'm DBI. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete