Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ab's Cooking Journey...Part 20...~Macadamia White Chocolate Cake~

It had been about 4 and a half months I did not update on Ab's Cooking Journey..Really took a long rest at Journey 19..Hehe!!

I have decided to bake a cake for Jimmy's Big Day!! After a long consideration, finally I chose Macadamia White Chocolate Cake..After a long break, I am quite worry about my baking skills..Hehe!! However, I tried to make it because it is my lovely Jimmy's big day..

Firstly, I prepared a round vanilla sponge cake by using an all-in-one flour..While I am preparing the sponge cake, I toasted Macadamia nuts..First time I bought this and I found that it is quite expensive (RM7 for 100g) if compared to others nuts..Anyway, it is really nice..Hehe!!

After that, I baked the vanilla sponge cake for 25 minutes at 180°C ..When the sponge cake is ready, I cut it into 3 layers..The step which I cut the cake into layers is quite challenging for me..Hehe!! However, I got it finally..Then I mixed the whipped cream with chopped Macadamia nuts and sandwich-ed the cake layers with the cream..Next, I covered the cake with whipped cream and fridge it for 30 minutes..

Meanwhile, I prepared the white chocolate glazing..White chocolate glazing is thicky if compared to dark chocolate glazing..Once I poured it onto the cake, it is freezing after few minutes..I was quite difficult to make it smooth..

I have received quite many good comments about my Homemade Macadamia White Chocolate Cake..I am very happy and satisfied with my result..Hehe!! Thanks to everyone who dare to be my white mouse...:)


Ingredients for making sponge cake


Sponge cake before bake


Vanilla Sponge Cake


Whipped Cream & Macadamia Nuts


Cream poured onto cake


Delicious?


Cake covered with cream


Ingredients for making White Chocolate Glazing


So thicky


Cake coated with white chocolate glazing


Homemade Macadamia White Chocolate Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment